Soulcalibur II: Weapon Master Mode Rules

 One of the things that I have been doing lately is playing Soulcalibur II on Xbox Series X. The game is fun and I love the Weapon Master Mode so much because it gives replayability and rewards for winning challenge specific battles. You can get different weapons, costumes, characters, and stages by working through it. This is the main component for getting the full roster while also adding extra characters. The mode also including a story makes the experience that much more fruitful as the added experience from Weapon Master makes a more casual player, like me, more enthralled with the title. A very similar vibe to Mortal Kombat's Konquest modes in their 3D era. 

Soulcalibur II HD Cover Art. An ensemble cast including Ivy in the middle with Astaroth on the left and Taki on the right. The two guest characters Heihachi Mishima, on the top left, and Spawn, on the top right. A large foreboding Nightmare appears in the background to the left.

What makes this mode so rad to me is that I own the game on the original Xbox and the Series. So, I am willing to play through this mode across different generations and on two versions of the game. While I never finished it on the original Xbox, I decided I was gonna do that for the HD version. It was just one of those cravings for a game that places number two on my favorite fighting games list. With number one being Mortal Kombat 4. I wish that fighting games would bring back their ridiculous secondary modes for people to play once again because the one in Soulcalibur VI was a step in the right direction, but not quite the same. Street Fighter 6s World Tour looks to also be similar as well. So I just want these silly and sometimes painstaking challenge arenas where I unlock things featured in the game. I've always liked Smash's model, but Ultimate was a little much if I'm being honest.

Talim saying one of her victory lines, "I am one with the wind."

Play Soulcalibur II and other Soulcalibur games because they rule. Weapon Master mode is a timeless classic and something I wish would comeback. It's fun shit like this that makes me want to load this one up over newer titles. That enjoyment and satisfaction of jumping into a fight and having to deal with the parameters is sick. Soulcalibur II is fantastic and is elevated by it's supporting aspects even more on the Stage of History.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Souls III: Fisting Towards the Dark Soul

Crow Country: A Thrill Ride for the Ages

SGDQ 2024: Oops All Bangers Incoming