Look Back at Sports

Over the course of the past ten weeks or so, this blog has helped me to look at sports a different angle from the perspective of the reader and writer as some of the themes and events presented to me were new territories. One of the themes that I was interested to explore mire deeply was the perspective of women in sports and how segregated the sports world was and still is as women are still looked down upon despite many proving that they are credible sources. This was one of the more difficult topics to talk about because I felt that I had no idea what I was talking about and that this was not my place to pry on about a topic that I was ignorant on for the most part. Looking at the author's discussing these new waters helped me to find my own footing as the assignments created an opportunity to dive deeper and make interpretations based off of my own findings. The weekly blogs were the biggest contributor to developing a style on how to approach sports writing from a critical angle and not just bleed statistics onto a page.

This also leads to my appreciation for the larger assignments that took the blog a step further as the torch was now in my hands and lighting the path was just the first step. Although I was already aware of how to conduct myself in sports writing atmosphere, I was not as adept in the themes of sports. The readings expanded this view for me as I was not a big reader of sports articles. Seeing many of the writers not only make compelling arguments, but they were also able to make the arguments not seem hollow. I tried my best to incorporate this idea of supporting myself in the same manner so as to have a solid ground for portraying ideas. Whether it was discussing women in the locker room or Muhammad Ali fighting against the white standard of black athletes in sports, I thought that I became more capable of finding the themes and reasons behind important concepts through these discussions. The writing of sports is not simple, neither is any subject at face value. Digging deep into the issues is what makes them interesting whether they are surrounded by deception and darkness or light and happiness because nothing is as perfect as they may seem. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Souls III: Fisting Towards the Dark Soul

Crow Country: A Thrill Ride for the Ages

SGDQ 2024: Oops All Bangers Incoming